Alex Bocaranda, President-CEO
Corporate Officer With over 29 years of private security experience, Alex Bocaranda is the principal owner of Security Management Innovations with control of all administrative and operational functions. As founder of Security Management Innovations Alex is responsible for setting a strategy and vision to determine which markets Security Management Innovations will enter, he personally oversees all strategic planning, business development, and consulting services. Assures the organization and its mission, programs, and services are consistently presented in a strong positive manner. Alex Bocaranda has designed and implemented a philosophy that has seen his company grow from ten employees to over three hundred employees and expanded operational activities to Colombia, South America.
His philosophy is Personalized customer service to clients and employees, ongoing relationships with clients, knowledge of the security industry, understanding the specific markets that we serve. As a mentor of his own philosophy and initiatives Alex Bocaranda has taken his beliefs into the private security industry. By serving as the ASIS Chapter Chairmen for three years, 2005, 2006, and 2007, his mission was to change the face of the security industry by elevating security practices. As the project manager for a GSA federal contract from 2000 to 2003, a contract that included over 300-armed security personnel, Alex Bocaranda personally liaised with and oversaw the physical security of multiple U.S. federal agency operations, including the following:
- U.S. Marshal’s Office (Miami Office)
- Joint Interagency Task Force – Key West
- Drug Enforcement Administration (Miami Office)
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (Miami Office)
- High-Intensity Drug Trafficking Agency (Miami Office)
- Immigration and Naturalization Service (Miami Office)
- Federal Courthouse (Key West)
- Federal Office Building (Miami)
- U. S. Naval Air Station – Key West, Joint Interagency Task Force
Luis G. Soto, General Manager
Luis Gustavo Soto has extensive experience in the Security Guard Industry. Before joining the Security Management Innovations team, he held the position of Senior Executive Vice President for 12 years at a Miami, Florida based Security Guard Company. As a Law Enforcement Officer in the State of New Jersey, he was assigned to the various specialized units. His enthusiasm became The Community Policing Unit, where he served honorably for 16 years.
Currently, he is essential to the unprecedented growth and financial performance at Security Management Innovations. Luis Gustavo is best known for his passion, energy and ability to move the organization forward through technical innovation and breakthrough thinking.
Luis inspires his team (office staff/security officers) to think different, in creating a new proactive and productive way for all employees to believe and deliver excellence in customer service and understanding that every client is unique in their security needs.
- New Jersey Law Enforcement Officer.
- Certification, State of New Jersey Department of Law and Public Safety Division of Criminal Justice Police Training Commission
- Graduate, Ocean County, New Jersey Police Academy
- Certification, Middlesex County College, State of New Jersey Department of Law and Public Safety Division of State Police Training Course. Office of Emergency Management.
- Certificate, State of New Jersey State Police Office of Emergency Management Hazardous Materials Emergency Response Planning Unit. Level 1, First Responder.
- Graduate, Monmouth County, New Jersey Fire Academy. Fire Fighter I.
Awards and Recognitions:
- Citation for rising beyond the call of duty (Memorial Community Service Medal)
- Good Conduct Medal. (Four Times Silver Award) (Three Times Gold Award)
- Community Relations Unit, Certificate of recognition for the implementation, success and support of the Ident a Kid Program.
- Letter of commendation by City Mayor, City Council, Police Director for vital professional service and dedication to duty.
State of Florida Licenses:
- Security Agency Manager (MB License)
- Security Instructor ( DI License )